Ladysmith Demographics (NSW) Local Stats

Ladysmith (2652) is a suburb of Regional NSW, Far South West, New South Wales. It is about 370 kms from NSW's capital city of Sydney. Ladysmith is in the federal electorate of Riverina.

In the 2011 census the population of Ladysmith was 197 and is comprised of approximately 48.7% females and 51.3% males.

The median/average age of the population of Ladysmith is 43 years of age.

84.6% of people living in the suburb of Ladysmith were born in Australia. The other top responses for country of birth were 4.6% England, 2.1% New Zealand, 2.1% Germany.

94.4% of people living in Ladysmith speak English only. The other top languages spoken are 5.6% Language spoken at home not stated.

The religious makeup of Ladysmith is 26.5% Anglican, 21.4% Catholic, 13.3% No religion, 10.7% Religious affiliation not stated, 10.2% Presbyterian and Reformed, 6.1% Uniting Church, 5.1% Baptist, 2.0% Eastern Orthodox, 1.5% Christian, nfd, 1.5% Lutheran.

57.2% of people are married, 23.9% have never married and 11.3% are divorced and 1.9% are separated. There are 9 widowed people living in Ladysmith.

60.3% of the people living in Ladysmith over the age of 15 and who identify as being in the labour force are employed full time, 26.7% are working on a part time basis. Ladysmith has an unemployment rate of 10.3%.

The main occupations of people living in Ladysmith are 17.8% Professionals, 16.8% Technicians & trades workers, 13.1% Machinery operators & drivers, 11.2% Managers, 11.2% Clerical & administrative workers, 11.2% Labourers, 10.3% Community & personal service workers, 8.4% Sales workers.

The main industries people from Ladysmith work in are 19.8% Health care and social assistance, 17.0% Education and training, 16.0% Retail trade, 11.3% Manufacturing, 10.4% Other services, 5.7% Construction, 4.7% Accommodation and food services, 3.8% Transport, postal and warehousing, 2.8% Agriculture, forestry and fishing.

34.7% of homes are fully owned, and 56.9% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 8.3% of homes are rented.

The median individual income is $694 per week and the median household income is $1268 per week.

The median rent in Ladysmith is $225 per week and the median mortgage repayment is $960 per month.

Check out FY 2013 Tax Stats for Ladysmith postcode 2652

  • Qpzm LocalStats New South Wales Suburb of the Day: Old Toongabbie 2146 -> Sydney -> New South Wales